Registration of Foreigners
It is mandatory for all Foreigners arriving on Missionary (M), Student (S), Employment (E), Research, Medical (M) or Medical Attendant (M X) visa to register themselves within 14 days of their arrival in India irrespective of duration of their stay in India. They are required to report at the designated office or concerned Police Station in their places of stay and register themselves.
The Following documents are needed to be submitted for Registration
- Application for Registration (Online form on FRRO Pune website)
- A Form (Police Registration Form)
- C Form (Address Registration Form)
- Passport Copy
- Arrival Stamp page Copy
- Visa Page Copy
- Bona fide Certificate from the Institute
- Address Proof in India (Lease Agreement or Bona fide letter from the hostel)
After submission of these document‘s a residential permit will be issued by the Foreigner’s Registration Office. This is a very important document and has to be maintained carefully.
Residential Permit Extension
The foreigner who has to apply for extension of residential permit has to be done 15 days before it expires.